From 1 July 2015, services sector employers must keep their existing S Pass and Work Permit holders within the Dependency Ratio Ceilings (DRCs):
- – Main DRC of 40%
- – S Pass sub-DRC of 15%
- – PRC Sub-DRC of 8%
Employers can use the quota calculator to see their latest quota for existing workers.
As announced in Budget 2015, MOM will also be making foreign worker levy changes to give businesses more time to adjust and restructure. These changes will apply to businesses in Singapore who employ any foreign professional. Foreign professionals who work in Singapore are required to have a valid work visa such as the Singapore Employment Pass for example. They must also either be employed by Singapore companies, or start a business of their own if they want to hold a valid work pass. While Employment pass holders are among the most common work pass application types lodged, there are other types of work visas involved as well, like the S Pass and Work Permit.
S Pass in all sectors
- – Levy increase deferred to 1 Jul 2016 instead
- Services, Marine and Process sectors: Levy increases deferred to 1 Jul 2016 instead
- Manufacturing sector: Levies will remain unchanged up to 30 Jun 2017
- Construction sector:
- Levy for Higher Skilled R1 workers on MYE-waiver will be reduced from $700 to $600 from 1 Jul 2015.
- Levy for Basic Skilled R2 workers on basic (MYE) tier will be raised from $550 to $650 from 1 Jul 2016, and $700 from 1 Jul 2017.
For more information, please refer to www.mom.gov.sg.
Information from Ministry of Manpower – Work Pass Division
Categories: MOM - Ministry of Manpower