How to Renew an EP
- All EP renewals are to be completed by using the renewal forms which are used by Employment Pass (Sponsorship) holders.
- EP holder’s supporting documents are to be collected.
- The completed form and supporting documents are to be mailed to the Work Pass Division of the Ministry of Manpower.
- The application must also contain the contact details of another person. It is this person who will receive the information regarding MOM’s decision on renewal.
- Prior to the official renewal of the EP, Should the renewal be approved, the applicant will receive an interim document, the In-Principle Approval Letter.
- Each IPA letter has a validity period of three months. It includes a set of instructions that must be followed before the applicant’s EP may be renewed.
- The issuance of the renewed EP must take place before either the IPA or current EP expires, whichever is earlier. The renewed EP will be valid starting from the expiry date of the EP which is currently held.
Steps to Be Taken After EP Renewal
Once the EP has been renewed, the applicant must complete further steps as required by the notification letter from the MOM:
- The applicant is instructed to continue using their existing EP. Those who return the card when unnecessary, must pay for the replacement of the pass.
Should you require any assistance with the renewal of an EP for either yourself or an employee, we at Paul Hype Page & Co can assist you in this matter. We will take you through each step of the process so that you will better understand EP renewal applications. Should your application be denied, we will also help to resolve the issue.