The Singapore e-Visa is a new visa introduced by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) that allows a local contact or authorised visa agent/strategic partner like iVisa to print the approved visa electronically without making a trip to the ICA building to collect the physical visa sticker.
While this saves a lot of time and energy, only citizens from a handful of countries are eligible to apply for the Singapore e-Visa.
The e-Visa system is an online method of applying for visas for entry from anywhere in the world. Some advantages of this system to the traveler are that visas can be applied for quickly over the internet at any time, from any location, and payment is made online at the time of the application.
Nationals that can apply for an e-Visa
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Before even appliying, pelase be informed that your travel document has to be valid for at least 6 months after your e-visa expires. Also, your passport should have at least one blank page for your e-Visa to be placed in.
You can confirm authenticity of the visa, having checked its data on a site of Immigration Department of Singapore by following these simple steps.
- Visit the site of Immigration Department of Singapore;
- Scroll the page down and click on “Status Enquiry”;
- In opened page in field “Applicant’s Travel Document Number” enter Your passort number;
- In field “Application Reference Number” enter Your “Application Reference Number (DELXXXXXXSAXXXXXXX)”;
- Print out files on an A4 format sheet of paper;
- Show the visa with the passport and the immigration card when passing a border control.
Having said that, however, having a valid visa to Singapore gives you no guarantee of passing. The final decision makes the employee of a passport control when you enter the country.
Can I get a refuse in getting a Visa?
Visa refusal is very rare. From our rich practice of CIS citizens are denied somewhere in 0.1% -0.2% of cases. Ministry never indicates the cause of failure. The explanation can be given only in the Immigration office directly to the company, which prepares you a visa.
- However, these are some of the reasons for rejection that we have heard of,
- Violation of the laws of the previous visit
- Already have a valid visa in Singapore
- Taxes have not been paid, after work in Singapore
Violation of visa regime in one of his previous visits to Singapore.
Don’t leave your Employment Pass application to chance
Paul Hype Page & Co have our in-house licensed employment agency registered with the Ministry of Manpower and offer a full spectrum of work pass services. We will provide a thorough assessment of all factors of your application and ensure that they meet MOM current standards of review. Our reliable guidance and high success rate come with years of experience and continually staying abreast with Singapore’s immigration regulatory updates.
Call us at +65 6221 4711 or contact us now for a free consultation.
Categories: MOM - Ministry of Manpower