Before you or your caregiver apply for the HCG, it is important to check your eligibility.
- This grant is only eligible for Singaporean and permanent residents (with a parent/child/spouse that is a Singapore Citizen).
- You must be currently residing in Singapore. Your dependents should also not be living in a residential long-term care institution.
- The household monthly income per person must be less than $2,800. If there is no household income, the annual property value should be $13,000 or lower.
- You should have a permanent moderate disability. What this means is that you always require assistance with at least 3 out of 6 activities of daily living (ADLs). This includes eating, bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting, walking, or moving around.
- To apply for HCG, your worker should attend AIC approved training.
To apply for HCG, you must:
- Complete the “Long Term Care Schemes Guide & Application Form”, and prepare the relevant supporting documents as specified in the form.
- Check if your Household information has been updated with the Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Visit your preferred primary care doctor or general practitioner to obtain a Functional Assessment Record.
- Submit the completed application documents to AIC via email, or by mailing the documents to the AIC P.O. Box. 1173 Singapore 914040.
AIC will inform you of the outcome of your application in about a month. If the application is successful, AIC may also include payouts from the month of the application.
Foreign Domestic Worker Levy Concession
Along with the HCG, you will be able to receive a levy concession for a foreign domestic worker, which means instead of paying the full levy of $300 or $450, you will only need to pay $60 per Foreign Domestic Worker per eligible care recipient.
Beyond HCG recipients, a child under 16 years old, or an elderly adult above 67 years old is also eligible for the levy concession. Each household can hire up to 2 Foreign Domestic Worker with the levy concession.