We will arrange a time to visit the employee / yourself and present our Welcome Bag, containing maps, guides to Singapore, vouchers from our preferred network, information on associations and other relevant information for expats. If appropriate, we also include guides specifically aimed at families and a welcome gift for the child.
A two day program based on the employee’s requirements. Depending on the needs and requirements of the employee and their family (if applicable) the following could be included:
- Shopping tours (wet markets, supermarkets, butchers, children’s needs, speciality shops);
- Medical providers (introduction to general practitioners, dentists, hospitals and pharmacies);
- Introduction to social and sporting clubs (tours and appointments) such as the Hollandse Club, the American Club, the Tanglin Club, children’s sports clubs (rugby, football, netball and swimming);
- Travel and holiday information for countries within the region (ranging from low budget options to family friendly resorts, based on our own extensive travel experiences, for example, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia);
- Singapore “Do’s and Dont’s” (for example, no eating on public transport, no chewing gums, removing shoes when entering homes and religious institutions);
- How to convert a foreign driver’s license (how to navigate the online appointment system, how to prepare for the test);
- Highlight popular restaurants, entertainment venues, children’s activities and cultural venues;
- Information on private consumer banking services, opening bank account, including local and international banking, use of cheques and the NETS system;
- Information on setting up the home internet connection, landline and mobile services (including documentation required when setting up contracts and possible problems with dependant pass holders).
- Monthly phone calls (up to 3 months) to assist with settling in issues as they arise;
- Assistance with hiring and training of domestic helpers to include the introduction to experienced (expat) maid agencies, interviews and settling in;
Prior to the employee’s arrival we will:
Advise on the international school options, to include specific, special needs requirements.
On arrival to Singapore we will:
Make appointments for school tours, provide school prospectus packs and give information on, and assistance with, enrolment for various school systems (IB, A-Levels, (I)GCSE, diploma, primary schooling, kindergarten and nursery schools).