CALL +65 6221 4733 
  • Incorporation Singapore Company banner

All about Singapore Visa

There are a few types of different visas available to foreigners who want to stay in Singapore. Each visa listed below has different requirements, benefits and limitations. The following are the basic introduction to common business visas in Singapore. It is to be noted that the information provided here is for general guidelines only and is not meant to be comprehensive or to replace professional advice.



Incorporation with Employment pass (Best Route – Highly Recommended)

SG work visa incorporation timeline banner

For Foreign Entrepreneur/Relocated Management Staff:
  • Employment Pass (Highly recommended)
  • Personalized Employment Pass (PEP)
  • Entrepreneur Pass (Entrepass)
For Relocated Staff’s Family Members:
Becoming Singapore Permanent Residence/Citizens:
  • Singapore Permanent Resident
  • GIP(Global Investor Programme)
To apply for your Singapore working Visa, we provide the following:
  1. Understand and analysis client’s current visa needs
  2. Process work or other suitable visa for client to relocate to Singapore
  3. Work with client on long term basis via tax, business and other family needs for client to achieve Singapore PR status

Employment Pass (Highly recommended)

The Employment Pass (EP) is the main type of Singapore work visa issued to foreign professional employees, managers, and owners/directors of Singapore companies. This permit is for foreign professionals in managerial, executive or specialised jobs. The authorized institution that issues these passes is the Ministry of Manpower. There is no quota system constricting the number of Employment Passes that can be issued to a company.

Employment Pass is normally issued for 1-2 years at a time and renewable thereafter. An EP visa enables one to work and live in Singapore and travel in and out of the country freely without having to apply for Singapore entry visas. This increases the ease of conducting business activities.

Allow future application for Permanent Residency (PR) in Singapore

Possessing an EP allows one to apply for PR in Singapore.

Click here to obtain your Employment Pass in Singapore

Personalized Employment Pass (PEP)

The Personalized Employment Pass (PEP) is for certain group of existing Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals.

Unlike an Employment Pass in Singapore, which must be cancelled when the pass holder leaves the employer, the PEP is not tied to the employer and is granted on the strength of the applicant’s merit.

Remain up to 6 months in Singapore

A PEP holder can remain in Singapore for up to six months between jobs to evaluate new employment opportunities.

Entrepreneur Pass (Entrepass)

Entrepreneur Pass (Entrepass) is designed for foreign entrepreneurs who may have an innovative business idea with potential economic prospects; or who may have demonstrated high caliber entrepreneurial traits with records of successful businesses even without the appropriate educational or specialist skills qualification.

Click here to obtain your Entrepreneur Pass (Entrepass) in Singapore

Singapore Dependent Pass

Dependent Pass is a visa for family members of Employment Pass and Entrepreneur Pass holders.

Employment Pass and S Pass holders with a fixed monthly salary of more than $4,000 may apply for Dependent’s Passes for their:

  • Spouses
  • Unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years of age

Click here to obtain Dependent Pass in Singapore

Long Term Visit Pass

Employment Pass holders (P1, P2) can apply for Long Term Visit Passes for their common-law spouse, unmarried daughters above 21 years of age, parents, parents-in-law and stepchildren under 21 years of age or handicapped children above 21 years of age.

Click here to obtain Long Term Visit Pass in Singapore

S Pass Singapore (Work visa)

The S Pass allows mid-level skilled foreigners who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $2,200 to work in Singapore. Employers must make S Pass applications on behalf of a job candidate.

S Pass applications are assessed on multiple criteria including salary, education qualification, skills, job type and work experience.

Click here to obtain S Pass in Singapore

Singapore Permanent Resident

For Foreigner Seeking Relocation to Singapore, to become a Singapore Permanent Resident, before migration to Singapore, clear decision making & preparation needs to be done.

We have provided a list of considerations as well as the procedures and documentation necessary for PR application as follows under Singapore Permanent Resident – PTS Scheme

Click here to obtain Permanent Resident (PR) in Singapore

GIP (Global Investor Programme)

Global Investor Programme (GIP) is launched for investors who are interested in starting up a business or investing in Singapore. Through this programme, the investors, their spouses and children who are below 21 years of age are eligible for Singapore Permanent Resident(PR) status.

2 Investment Options

GIP offers two investment options:

  • Option A: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a new business entity or expansion of an existing business operation. A business proposal or investment plan is required.
  • Option B: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a GIP-approved fund.

Click here to find out more about GIP (Global Investor Programme) in Singapore

Don’t leave your Employment Pass application to chance

Paul Hype Page & Co have our in-house licensed employment agency registered with the Ministry of Manpower and offer a full spectrum of work pass services. We will provide a thorough assessment of all factors of your application and ensure that they meet MOM current standards of review. Our reliable guidance and high success rate come with years of experience and continually staying abreast with Singapore’s immigration regulatory updates.

Call us at +65 6221 4711 or contact us now for a free consultation.