GIP (Global Investor Programme)
You are eligible to apply if you meet one of following criteria:
- A minimum of three-year entrepreneurial track record. The annual revenue of your company must be at least S$30 million in the most recent year and an average of S$30 million per year for the last three years. Audited financial statements of your company for the last three years are also required.
- Corporate managers holding the position of Chairman, CEO, CFO, CTO, etc. who have more than 10 years of experience in a company with annual revenue of at least S$100 million may also apply for GIP.
- If you qualify for the GIP based on the above information, please email us your profile and your company’s Profit & Loss statement for the past three years for a quick evaluation. Upon evaluation, we will contact you on the necessary GIP application proceedings.
Approved Business Sectors For GIP Scheme
You can choose to invest in any of the following business sectors under the GIP scheme:
- Healthcare services.
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
- Medical technology.
- Alternative energy.
- Professional services.
- Electronics including electronic components, electronics systems, and semiconductors.
- Engineering services.
- Environment technology.
- Media and entertainment.
- Information technology.
- Philanthropy including NGOs, NPOs, etc.
- Lifestyle and sports including art galleries, museums, auction houses, art logistics, art theaters, production houses, sports academies, headquarters of sports companies, etc.
- New technology such as intelligent systems, nanotechnology, new-technology enables industries, etc.
- Logistics and supply chain management.
- Precision Engineering.
- Transport engineering including aerospace, marine, land, oil and gas.
Permanent Residence for Family Members
At present, under the GIP permanent residence scheme, you can also apply for permanent residence for your family members as per the below guidelines:
Your spouse and children 21 years and under are eligible to apply for PR under your PR application. Male dependents will be liable for National Service.
Your children who are over 21 years are eligible to apply for the 5-year Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP), which is renewable and tied to the validity of your re-entry permit.
The following documents will be required for PR application under Investor Scheme:
Form A: Application for Permanent Residence for Investors
Form B: Proposed Investment Plan
Undertaking on the Terms & Conditions of the programme
Form 4: Application for An Entry Permit to Enter Singapore
Other supporting documents, if applicable
Note that officially endorsed translated versions must be provided for any non-English documents.
It will take 3-6 months to process the application. If your application is approved (after an interview with the authorities), you will be issued an Approval-in-Principle PR which is valid for 6 months, during which you will be required to make your investment. Documentary evidence of your investment such as share certificates and title deeds will need to be submitted to and withheld by authorities for 5 years. Once these documents have been received, you will be conferred PR status.
Once you have cleared all the hurdles and have received the blue identity card given to all Singapore permanent residents, you can start contributing to the country’s economy. You will also benefit by being able to reside in the country visa-free, enjoy tax relief and education subsidies for your children and many other rights and privileges given to full citizens of Singapore.