CALL +65 6221 4733 

S Pass Singapore (Work visa)


The S Pass allows mid-level skilled foreigners who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $1,800 to work in Singapore. Employers must make S Pass applications on behalf of a job candidate.

S Pass applications are assessed on multiple criteria including salary, education qualification, skills, job type and work experience. To apply for your S Pass visa, please follow these steps below.

S Pass Eligibility

Mid-level skilled foreigners (e.g. technicians) who wish to work in Singapore may apply for an S Pass. Applicants will be assessed on a points system, taking into account multiple criteria. S Pass applicants accumulate points based on how far they meet the criteria. As a general guide, these criteria can be broadly described as (for illustrative purposes only):

  • A minimum fixed monthly salary of $1,800
  • Educational qualifications
  • A degree, diploma
  • Technical certificates can be considered. These are, very broadly, courses that train the applicant to be a qualified technician or specialist in their chosen field.
  • The certification should comprise of at least one year of full-time study.
  • Type of job (e.g. professional, specialist or technician)
  • Number of years of relevant work experience
  • Work Permit holders who wish to apply for the S Pass must ensure that they meet the above requirements.


The number of S Pass holders a company can employ is capped at a sub-quota, or Dependency Ceiling (DC), of 20% of the company’s total workforce.

Medical Insurance

The requirement to purchase and maintain medical insurance is a Condition of an S Pass. For medical insurance policies taken up or renewed on/or after 1 Jan 2010, the insurance coverage must be at least $15,000 per year for each worker’s inpatient care and day surgery during his/her stay in Singapore.

Passes for Family Members

S Pass applicants whose fixed monthly salary is more than $2,500 a month may apply for the Dependant’s Pass (DP) for their family members. The DP application and supporting documents may be submitted together with the S Pass application or separately.

S Pass holders who earn less than $2,500 per month are not allowed to bring in their dependants, i.e. spouses, children and other family members.

However, if the children of such S Pass holders wish to study in mainstream public schools in Singapore, they will have to pass a Qualifying Test (QT) or the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS).

FAQ on S Pass Singapore

Here are some common asked questions:

1) I am an S Pass holder. Can I register a business?.

Answer: An S Pass is not an EntrePass. Please check the terms and conditions of your S Pass. If unsure, you should consult Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

2)I have an Approval-in-Principle S Pass. Can I register a business/set up a company/be a shareholder?

Answer: An S Pass is not an Employment Pass. Please go through the terms and conditions of your S Pass exhaustively. If still unsure, you should consult the Ministry of Manpower.

3)What status is considered locally resident? Is Employment Pass Holder or Work Permit Holder sufficient? What about dependent pass and permanent resident?

Answer: We recognize the followings as “locally resident” – Singapore citizens, Singapore PRs, Employment Pass Holders & Dependant Pass Holders.