Annual General Meetings (AGM)
- Coordinating the operation of the company’s formal decision making and reporting machinery; formulating meeting agendas with the chairman and /or the chief executive; attending meetings, taking minutes; maintaining minute books; certifying copies of minutes; and ensuring that correct procedures are followed.
- Originating and obtaining internal and external agreement to all documentation for circulation to shareholders; coordinating the administration and attending meetings, taking minute details; ensuring that correct procedures are followed.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with relevant legal requirements, particularly under the Companies’ Act.
Updating ACRA on:
- Any changes in the director(s) of a company or particulars relating to director(s)
- Changes to a directors name or residential address
- Removal from office in accordance with the Act or constitution
- Disqualification from holding office
- Annual return
- Change of company name
- Adoption, Alteration and Revocation of constitution
- Issue of shares
- Any other changes that requires updating with ACRA
Report and Accounts
- Coordinating the publication and distribution of the company’s annual report and accounts and interim statement in consultation with the company’s internal and external advisers and, in particular preparing the directors’ report.
- Maintaining the company’s register of members; dealing with transfers and other matters affecting shareholdings; and dealing with queries and requests from shareholders.
- Communicating with the shareholders (i.e. through circulars); payment of dividends and interest; issuing documentation regarding rights issues and capitalization issues; general shareholder relations; and relations with institutional shareholders and their investment protection committees.
- Monitoring movements on the register of members to identify an apparent ‘stake-building’ in the company’s shares by potential takeover bidders; and making inquiries of members as to beneficial ownership of holdings.
Share and Capital Issues, Transfers and Restructuring
- Implementation of changes in the structure of the company’s share and loan capital and devising; implementing and administering directors’ and employees’ share participation schemes.
- Ensuring the safe custody and proper use of the company seal if provided for in the company constitution.
ACRA Compliance Alert & Reminders
- We will remind and alert clients on deadlines for filing and other compliance work.