Stay compliant after your company incorporation when you appoint us as your trusted Singapore company secretary. Put the worries of breaking the laws or missing important deadlines to one side and let us be your compliance guide aligned to ACRA regulations.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SINGAPORE COMPANY SECRETARY
Did you know that it is mandatory for every Singapore company to appoint a company secretary within 6 months from the date of incorporation according to the Companies Act? Here are some important notes for you regarding corporate secretarial in Singapore.
Role of a company secretary in Singapore can only be vacant for a maximum period of 6 months
Must be a Singapore Citizen, Singapore PR, Singapore Employment Pass Holder, or Singapore Dependant Pass Holder
A sole director or shareholder cannot be assigned as a company secretary
A local resident company director can only be appointed as a company secretary if the company has more than one director
Sole proprietorship or limited liability partnerships do not require a company secretary
Public companies require a professional qualified secretary
Private limited companies do not require a professional qualified secretary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF A COMPANY SECRETARY IN SINGAPORE
Check out the work visas you have when moving to Singapore that we specialise in. Each visa has its pros and cons, along with requirements that makes the visa unique to a certain group of individuals and professionals.
Annual General Meetings (AGM)
Report & Accounts
Share & Capital Issues, Transfers & Restructuring
ACRA Compliance Alerts & Reminders
CHECK YOUR AGM & ANNUAL FILING DUE DATE
Enter your company name to generate the dates for your AGM and annual filing.
WHY APPOINT US AS YOUR SINGAPORE COMPANY SECRETARY?
Centralise all your business requirements by engaging a top regional corporate service provider beyond just Singapore corporate secretarial services. Find out what we can be your enabler of your business success and growth.
The role of a company secretary is crucial as they perform important tasks for the company, the directors, and shareholders. They help companies by:
• Fulfilling of all statutory obligations
• Practicing of proper corporate governance
• Protecting of the company’s corporate interests
• Advising directors on important business matters
• Providing any necessary practical support
Occasionally, they would share relevant information with the company’s directors, assisting them to be more active and engaged during board meetings.
How much does a company secretary cost in Singapore?Dylan2022-06-27T11:59:36+08:00
Professionally qualified corporate secretaries must fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
• 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Company Secretary
• Qualified person under the Legal Profession Act
• Public accountant under the Accounts Act
• Member of the Singapore Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Member of the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (SAICSA)
• Member of the local branch of Association of International Accountants
• Member of the Institute of Company Accountants Singapore
What to consider when hiring a company secretary in Singapore?Dylan2022-06-27T11:58:20+08:00
• Be well-versed with Singapore company law – Singapore Companies Act and ACRA
• Possess appropriate qualification and experience – Up to date towards recent statutory corporate governance and compliance requirements.
• Have adequate organisation and administrative skills – Handling of company’s official documents and registers, filing matters, and are responsible to file any statutory changes and updates of changes in capital share structure and many others.
• Possess financial analytics skills – It comes handy in supervising the company’s share allotments, reviewing the financial statements and reports, as well as vetting the tax assessments.
Got questions for Singapore company secretary?
Speak to our consultations today to gain clarity to your questions today.
Hear directly from our clients to learn more about the good work done.
PHP had given me a very practical solution for setting up my business by explaining all aspects of incorporation to me in a very clear and concise manner. PHP helped me throughout the entire incorporation process with corporate secretary services and have a good knowledge of information relevant to running a business in Singapore.
I originally approached Paul Hype Page for advise on the process to register a business in Singapore, as well as the application of EntrePass.
The overall process was good, it was smooth and I am excited to work in Singapore. Thank you Paul Hype Page!
Moving to a new country is not always easy. But now, I get to join my sponsor and have a job I always dreamed about in Singapore through the Dependent Pass with LOC. All this and more was possible because of Paul Hype Page’s guidance. Thank you.
I am really happy with Paul Hype Page's expertise and professionalism so I regularly recommend Paul Hype Page to my contacts
Setting up a success business was important to us. We needed to work with a consultant who could provide unmatched service in the industry. It was challenging, especially not being from Singapore, we didn’t know where to begin, but we found everything that we needed and so much more in Paul Hype Page & Co’s team.
Aside from their clear prices and professionalism, the most impressive part about Paul Hype Page is having a consultant to follow up my case so I could always text him about the progress and updates of my application and incorporation.
All Paul Hype Page personnel have been extremely helpful, responsive and knowledgeable. My EP processes is smooth, fast and very convenient.
AEB is a global enterprise with over 5,000 customers in Europe, Asia, and North America.
We have been working with Paul Hype Page for the past 4 years. Very professional team. We have had a very good experience with them. Highly professional secretarial services.
Eric helped us with setting up and application of EP. Highly recommend.
For the last 5 years, I have been using Paul Hype Page's services and I am satisfied...