The New COMPASS Employment Pass Eligibility Criteria
Starting the 1st of September 2023, this new points system will be applied towards new Employment Pass applicants. The same system will also begin to apply to renewal of EPs starting the 1st of September 2024. This system is divided into two stages.
Stage 1: Qualifying Salary
Below are the minimum salary requirements which are determined according to the age of the applicant:
Sectors excluding financial services
- The starting line is at the age of 23 with a qualifying salary of $5,000.
- This qualifying salary increases by $250 according to each subsequent age.
- At age 45 and above, the qualifying salary will be up to $10,500.
The financial services sector
- The starting line is at the age of 23 with a qualifying salary of $5,500.
- This amount increases according to age—at age 45 and above, it will be up to $11,500.
- See here for the detailed table on qualifying salary for each age on the Singaporean Ministry of Manpower website.
Stage 2: The COMPASS Scoring
COMPASS is a point-based system in which EP applicants must score at least 40 points to qualify. Here’s a breakdown of the points according to employer’s and applicant’s criteria:
Points for each criterion
20 points : Exceeds expectations
10 points : Meets expectations
0 points : Below expectations
Here’s a breakdown of the points according to employer’s and applicant’s criteria:
– Individual Attributes –
– Firm Related Attributes –
– Bonus Criteria –
Fail to hit 40 points based on individual or firm’s attributes? Here are bonus points awarded to applications that meet these conditions.