Annual General Meetings (AGM)
- Coordinating the operation of the company’s formal decision making and reporting machinery; formulating meeting agendas with the chairman and /or the chief executive; attending meetings, taking minutes; maintaining minute books; certifying copies of minutes; and ensuring that correct procedures are followed.
- Originate and obtain internal and external agreement to all documentation for circulation to shareholders
- Coordinating the administration and attending meetings, taking minute details
- Ensuring that correct procedures are followed
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with relevant legal requirements, particularly under the Companies’ Act.
Updating ACRA on:
- Any changes in the director(s) of a company or particulars relating to director(s)
- Changes to a directors name or residential address
- Removal from office in accordance with the Act or constitution
- Disqualification from holding office
- Annual return
- Change of company name
- Adoption, Alteration and Revocation of constitution
- Issue of shares
- Any other changes that requires updating with ACRA
Report and Accounts
- Coordinating the publication and distribution of the company’s annual report and accounts
- Interim statement in consultation with the company’s internal and external advisers
- In particular preparing the directors’ report
- Maintaining the company’s register of members;
- Dealing with transfers
- Other matters affecting shareholdings
- Dealing with queries and requests from shareholders
- Communicating with the shareholders (i.e. through circulars)
- Payment of dividends and interest;
- Issuing documentation regarding rights issues and capitalisation issues;
- General shareholder relations;
- Relations with institutional shareholders and their investment protection committees
- Monitoring movements on the register of members. This helps to identify an apparent ‘stake-building’ in the company’s shares by potential takeover bidders. The company secretary will also make inquiries of members as to beneficial ownership of holdings.
Share and Capital Issues, Transfers and Restructuring
- Implement changes in the structure of the company’s share and loan capital and devising.
- Implement and administer directors’ and employees’ share participation schemes.
- Ensuring the safe custody and proper use of the company seal if provided for in the company constitution.
ACRA Compliance Alert & Reminders
- We will remind and alert clients on deadlines for filing and other compliance work.