Step 2: Understand the role of nominee director and sign off the agreement
Nominee Director is someone who acts as a non-executive director on the board of directors of a firm, on behalf of another person or firm such as a bank, investor, or lender. Typically, there is no shareholding requirement for the nominee director but, if the bylaws of a company impose a share qualification, he or she must obtain them for the specified period.
We at Paul Hype Page & Co will appoint a member of our team as the nominee local director for your company in the event of you not having one. This service is offered for statutory compliance only.
The nominee director will not be involved in any management, financial, or operational matters of the company. You must appoint one or more individuals (normally the company shareholders) as the company directors who will be responsible for running the company. You can ask our nominee director to resign at any time by identifying another person who can satisfy the local director requirement.
Note :For the provision of our nominee local director service, we will also collect a refundable security deposit.
Step 3: Fill up the online incorporation form and prepare the required documents
Fill up the incorporation form: https://ibizfile.com/
Documents needed for the incorporation :
For each Singapore resident individual shareholder and director
- Copy of Singapore IC; and Copy of passport if the individual is not a citizen of Singapore
For each non-resident individual shareholder and director:
- Copy of passport; and Copy of residential address proof such as a recent utility bill, residential phone bill, tax bill, or cable TV bill
For each corporate shareholder:
- Foreign Corporate Company Certificate and Special Director Resolution to resolve becoming newly incorporated company subsidiary’s shareholder
**Please note that all documents must be in English or officially translated into English. All copies of documents must be certified true copies by a notary public, or you must bring the originals to our office for sighting. However, if you are overseas, you can email us the scanned copies of the documents so we can proceed with preparing the necessary incorporation documents.
Step 4: Open Company’s Bank Account
Once your company is incorporated, you are required to open a corporate bank account with any local and international banks in Singapore.
Required documents to open a corporate account:
- Completed Corporate Account Opening Forms
- Board of Directors Resolution approving the opening of the account and the signatories to the account
- Certified True Copy of Company’s Business Profile from Company Registrar (Bizfile)
- Certified True Copy of Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association (M&AA)
- Certified True Copies of Passport (or Singapore IC) and Residential Address Proof of Directors, Signatories, and Ultimate Beneficiary Owners. If you are in Singapore, just bring the originals and the bank will make a copy.
If you are looking for a hassle-free bank account (without all that paperwork seen above) opening experience from overseas, open a corporate bank account with Aspire Bank will be a good option. With Aspire, you can have fast and simple access to financial services for your business operations anywhere and at any time through your mobile phones. You can also enjoy cashback for your online marketing and “software as a service”.
It is free to open an Aspire Business Account. There are no monthly fees, fall below fees, or FAST transfer fees, and no minimum deposit is required as well. If you are keen, the account can be opened entirely online with Paul Hype Page. Check out more Aspire features on www.aspireapp.com.
Step 5: Start Your Business
After establishing your business in Singapore, and if you don’t wish to relocate to Singapore immediately, we can assist you in the initial stage when you don’t have any staff in Singapore.
Our Fees for Incorporation with Nominee Director
- Incorporation fee is $800
- ACRA Fee is $315
- Appointment of Company Secretary for 1 year is $600
- Registered Address for 1 year is $240
- Nominee Director for 1 year is $3,800
Documents needed from each Director & Shareholders
Local Resident Director / Shareholder – Passport or IC or Singapore Work Visa Card (Employment or Dependent Pass Visa Card) and Bill showing Singapore Residential Address)
Foreign Director / Shareholder – Passport and Bill showing Overseas Residential Address)
For all documents where we did not sight to the original must be notary public
Do email us once you have completed the form and we will proceed to prepare the necessary documents thereafter.
Incorporation documents and app forms samples
Listed below are the sample documents and application form you need for your Singapore Company Registration with a Nominee Director.
- Nominee Director-Direct from
- Nominee Director to client
- Application for wavier to file tax to IRAS
- Application to strike off Company (dormant company)
- Application to strike off Company (Non-Dormant)
- Director resolution to strike-off EGM for striking Off
- Letter of Authorization to strike off
- Letter to IRAS – Strike off
- Member resolution to strike off
- Notice of EGM for striking off a company
Chinese version: 代理董事 Nominee Director