Application Status for your Employment Pass
You may check the status of application online, and there are few possible statuses for your Employment Pass application:
- Pending inputs from vetting agencies. Expected outcome is 2 months from the Date of Application.
- We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks’ time. Some cases may take longer.
After the application is submitted, you will be able to monitor your status and once it changes to ‘Pending approval from vetting agencies’, means your initial assessment was fine and next MOM will just need to verify your documents and high chances that it will be approved.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive the In-Principal Approval letter electronically. The validity of the letter is 6 months from the time it was written. Do note that all Employment Pass applications are not considered final until you have received an In-Principle-Approval of your application. Remember, do not make any prior relocation plans.
All in all, the overall process time frame is as below:
- Initial application: at least 3 weeks
- Additional documents: 3 weeks
- If rejected, and request for appeal: 3 weeks
In any case your application is rejected, you may submit an appeal and usually takes at least 3 weeks or more.
Please note that the above-mentioned timeline is a standard time frame and varies by cases. Generally, the exact timeline will not be exhaustively disclosed to the applicants so the only thing you could is just wait for the outcome.
If your application is stuck at the initial process and if it is more than a month, your only alternatives are:
- Hold on
- Terminate/Cancel the EP application