How Can Foreigners Set Up A Company In Singapore?

9 min read|Last Updated: May 10, 2023|
Home>Guides / FAQ>How Can Foreigners Set Up A Company In Singapore?

One of the more common questions we usually get is “How to register a company in Singapore as a foreigner?”. If you’re asking the same, this article is for you. For starters, you’ll need to know that foreigners can register a company and own 100% of its shareholding.

  1. You will need to engage a registered filing agent (such as a law firm, accounting firm or corporate secretarial firm) to submit the application in BizFile+ on your behalf.
  2. One of the directors/ authorised representatives/ general partners/managers must be a local resident.

Agents usually provide services, such as:

  • Registration of company;
  • Provision of Company Secretary;
  • Provision of local nominee director;
  • Filing Annual Returns with ACRA;
  • Maintaining and updating of information with ACRA; etc.

Foreign entrepreneurs or existing Dependant Pass (DP) holders who wish to start a business in Singapore will need to consider:

  • Setting up a company with an Employment Pass (EP) or
  • Applying for an Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass)

Why Foreigners Should Set Up A Company in Singapore?

Firstly, Singapore’s law allows local corporations to be completely foreign-owned. Parent companies that form Singapore-based subsidiary companies can easily enjoy all the benefits of Singapore incorporation.

Secondly, Singapore has an attractive tax regime. Local companies can take advantage of exemptions and tax breaks to pay a far lower effective rate than 17% (which is Singapore’s flat rate).

Thirdly, Singapore has enjoyed consistent social and political stability as a world class business hub. On a political stability scale from -2.5 to 2.5, Singapore is rated at an average of 1.24.

Types of Business Entity for Foreigners

We’ll focus on the whys here and leave the elaboration in our article comparing different types on company structure.

First, let’s establish that a private company limited by shares is the way to go. If this is your first business, you can get straight to registering the company.

A quick overview on the requirements to set up a company in Singapore as a foreigner:

  • At least one local resident director who is a Singapore citizen, a Singapore permanent resident, or an EntrePass/Employment Pass/ Dependent’s Pass’s holder with LOC.
  • At least one Shareholder
  • S$1 paid-up capital
  • A physical local address
  • A company secretary

Types of Business Entities

Purpose & Reasons for Choosing

Subsidiaries (Foreign Subsidiary Incorporation in Singapore)
  • Clear separation of legal liabilities
  • Wholly owned subsidiaries allow HQ to keep the ratio of shareholdings fixed
Related companies
  • Flexibility in their structure
  • Shareholders and directors in the Singapore-related company can be the same as the main company.
  • Simple onboarding process for new shareholders or investors
Representative office (Foreign Representative Office)
  • Have little to no clients in the new market
  • Invoicing is still done by parent company
Branch (Foreign Branch Incorporation)
  • No separate legal entity due to commercial or tax purposes
  • E.g., a company might want to retain their tax residency status at the overseas HQ jurisdiction so having a permanent establishment in Singapore through a subsidiary or another set up might complicate that
Re-domiciliation (Foreign company Re-domiciliation to Singapore)
  • For companies that are larger in size (50 employees, S$10 million in total assets or annual revenue)
  • Require protection of all their assets, branding, and history, bringing it with them to make Singapore their new HQ.

Work Visas for Foreign Business Owners

After you register a company in Singapore as a foreigner, you will need to get the right visa to live in Singapore and run your business.

Employment Pass (EP) vs EntrePass

There will always be a debate over an EP or EntrePass for foreign business owners. We are advocates of the Employment Pass. Why?

1. Higher application success rate
A qualified individual for EP should have a tertiary or degree certification and a minimum monthly salary of S$4,500. This will be increased in September 2022 to S$5,000.

An EntrePass candidate is intended for serial entrepreneurs, high-calibre innovators or experienced investors whose business in Singapore that is venture-backed or owns innovative technologies. In comparison, the EntrePass is daunting.

2. EP is family friendly
If you’re bringing spouse or kids in, they can apply for dependent passes attached to your EP. The qualifying salary for the EP holder is S$6,000. However, if you’re on an EntrePass, you need a total annual business spending of S$100,000 and meet local employment requirements.

3. No specific requirement for renewal
The renewal of an EP is subjective by nature. The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) looks at the company’s need for the EP holder and their capabilities of engaging him/her for another period.

The EntrePass is has a progressive renewal criteria framework. By the 2nd year, you should plan to hire at least 3 full-time employees (FTE) or 1 local professional, manager or executive (PME). Your total annual business spending by then must be at least S$100,000.

EP vs Tech.Pass

The other new pass is the Tech.Pass. A new work pass initiated in 2021, the Tech Pass is available for top-notch foreign professionals and experts who are keen to launch businesses, head corporate teams, or become a lecturer in Singapore. Example: Top-notch e-commerce, AI, and cybersecurity foreign professionals and experts. While promising, it is still a new area and lacks case studies.

Paul Hype Page & Co. has 14 years of expertise in applying for EPs, we’ve accumulated a high success rate of 93%. Heavily attributed to our insights close working relations with clients. If your EP is important to you, call us for some planning.

Requirements for Foreigners to Set Up Company in Singapore

1. Work Pass

A foreigner needs an appropriate work pass or visa before legally setting up a company in Singapore.

  • A foreigner needs an Employment Pass (EP) or an EntrePass should he/she wish to relocate and work in Singapore. They can now be the local director of the new business.

  • If relocation to Singapore is not possible, a nominee resident director needs to be appointed. This is done to meet its compliance and statutory requirement.

  • A foreigner can choose to have a subsidiary, a branch office, a re-domiciliation, or a representative office as an entry option when incorporating a Singapore company.

2. Company Name

The company name must meet a few basic requirements to receive quick approval during application. It must not contain vulgar or misleading words, and it cannot be linked to any national symbols or government organizations. It also cannot be similar to any existing corporate entities.

3. Director

There must be a minimum of 1 locally residing individual acting as a company director. Besides this. There are no limits on the number of local or foreign directors who can be appointed as long as the following conditions are met:

  • The person is at least 18 years of age

  • There are no bankruptcies on the person’s record

  • The person has never been convicted of a crime on record

4. Shareholders

At least one shareholder is needed. This person can be a corporate entity, a resident, or a non-resident individual. 100% foreign ownership is allowed in Singapore and a company can have up to 50 shareholders.

5. Corporate Secretary

A qualified company secretary must be appointed within 6 months after the company is incorporated. This person needs to be a naturalized resident.

6. Paid-up Capital

A paid-up capital of at least SGD $1 is required when setting up a new private limited company. However, it is encouraged that a foreigner applying for an Employment Pass offer at least SGD $100,000 in paid-up capital. Not only does this make a strong first impression on any potential clients, but it is also a requirement for businesses working on government projects.

Challenges of Company Registration as a Foreigner

After you register a company in Singapore as a foreigner, you will need a corporate bank account next. Not long ago, back in 2018, bank account openings used to be form-filling task and some administrative efforts. Now, there is strict enforcement of anti-money laundering (AML) frameworks and common reporting standards (CRS).

Some realistic problems you might face include:

1. Grants don’t apply to you

Local government grants generally have a requirement for 30% local shares in a company – one such example is the Market Readiness Assistance (MRA) grant that supports Singaporean companies in expanding overseas.

2. Other forms of financing are also difficult

Without an operational history, bank loans are difficult to get. If you’re founding a startup, the competition to obtain investments by venture capitalists are even more demanding.

3. Work visa renewal

Getting financing is difficult, but if your company is left dormant without revenue, it’s difficult to justify the need for you to stay in Singapore.

Most of the times, directors are not in Singapore to open their accounts. While most banks support remote account openings now, the trouble is in It results in banks wanting to see tax substance in a company.

Common indicators of tax substance include:

  • Local staff in Singapore
  • Physical office in Singapore

  • Local sales or suppliers in Singapore

Things to Take Note After Setting Up a Company in Singapore for Foreigners

1. Business licenses

Doing business in Singapore is generally easy, most general consulting and service businesses don’t need a license. However, watch out for anything that might relate to specific industries like F&B, construction, finance, education, and more.

2. Office rental

Co-working spaces are the trend now. Most of them concentrated in the city area. We do have co-working spaces for rent – reach out to us if you ever need a working space.

3. Talent hiring

While hiring, act according to the Fair Consideration Framework of MOM which encourages local hiring before hiring foreigners.

4. Annual compliance

It’s relatively easy in Singapore to maintain your company. If your company doesn’t have specific taxes like goods and services tax (GST) or withholding tax (WHT), your compliance can be done just once a year. Make sure to consult with your accountants or company secretaries for this.

5. Living in Singapore

A very easily overlooked matter among the craze of setting up your business in Singapore as a foreigner. Some of the questions that you may have:

  • What’s the plan with the accommodation?
  • What’s the transportation like?

  • Do you need to be vaccinated?

We have a whole category of articles to address these issues. Click here to read more about the expat life in Singapore.


All things considered, if you’re looking to register your company in Singapore as a foreigner, having a local service provider heavily involved and supporting your operations would be a definite advantage.

For 14 years, Paul Hype Page & Co. has been coming up with creative solutions for our client’s EP applications, bank account opening and financing.


Drop us a message through our contact form.


Can anyone from any country receive an Employment Pass?2020-06-24T14:32:54+08:00

The current regulations regarding the Employment Pass do not bar anyone from receiving one on the basis of nationality. Anyone who meets all of the relevant criteria may receive it. Therefore, any eligible person from any country may receive an Employment Pass.

What Business entities exist in Singapore?2020-06-24T14:32:38+08:00

Those who are interested in starting a Singapore business may select one of several business entities. Among these are the sole proprietorship, limited liability partnership, private limited company, and limited partnership. Foreigners have additional options such as the representative office, foreign branch, and foreign subsidiary.

Why are so many Government agencies related to Businesses in Singapore necessary?2020-06-17T15:51:52+08:00

Although the abundance of government agencies that cater to businesses in Singapore may imply that there is too much bureaucracy in the country, this is not the case. Each agency such as ACRA, the CPF, IRAS, and SSG has its own specific functions and serves the country’s businesses in a different way. These agencies work together to create favorable conditions for Singapore’s businesses.

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

More Business Insights

Undecided or got questions

Got other questions?

Drop us a message on WhatsApp or connect with us through our contact form.

Join the discussions

  1. Arifur rahman ariff August 19, 2020 at 1:21 am - Reply

    Hi good evenin..
    Hope you are doing well. Im ariff from Banglades. I would like to rice Start Business in Singapor. I wanna imports rice from India and sell it in Singapor. So how can i open up a company? Is it possible for me to do business there as a foreigner?
    Can i have all the details for set up my business company in Singapor?
    How much does cost to open a Business in Singapor?
    Thank you

    • Tiwi September 4, 2020 at 10:12 am - Reply


      Thank you for contacting us.
      We are happy to assist you with incorporation of private limited in Singapore. Please be informed that to incorporate a company in Singapore, at least one director must be a local director – Singapore Citizen, Singapore PR, or employment pass holder. The incorporation can be done online and not required to be physically present in Singapore.
      The following are the packages we provided:
      1. Incorporation with local (if you have your own local director);
      2. Incorporation with employment pass (if you going to relocate to Singapore); and
      3. Incorporation with nominee director (if you need local nominee director).
      If you are going to relocate to Singapore, second option is the best for you whereby you can own the company and can manage it after your employment pass is approved.

      To understand what is required for incorporation/to START your incorporation, please find the link below.

      To understand what is required for your employment pass/to START your employment pass, please find the link below.

      Please contact us via Paul Hype Page to discuss further.

      Thank you for your question.
      Warm regards

  2. janagi kristnan January 18, 2018 at 7:38 pm - Reply

    Me a malaysian woman having a registered company in malaysia trading textiles,home appliances etc…i want to open a branch of my malaysian registered company in singapore…can i do it?? As woman can i get any supports from singapore govt.

    • Paul Hype Page January 19, 2018 at 7:05 am - Reply

      Hi Janagi,

      Yes, you can incorporate a company in Singapore provided you meet all the requirements. You may refer to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s website for the needed requirements. Hope this help.

      Best Regards,

  3. Neo December 2, 2017 at 12:25 pm - Reply

    Hello, I am a singapore citizen and my girlfriend is a malaysian working in Singapore for 3 years on work permit. She is thinking of quitting her job to start a small business together with me. We are thinking of starting small dessert/pastry shop together. Please advise on our options

    • Paul Hype Page December 8, 2017 at 10:38 am - Reply

      Dear Neo,

      The quickest option we would recommend would be our all-in-one Incorporation with Employment Pass package. Do drop us an email at to set up an appointment to discuss the details, we look forward to hearing from you.

      Best Regards,

  4. KayDee November 21, 2017 at 1:16 pm - Reply

    Hi,I am British national in EP in Singapore. Getting married to an Indian national who works in Stock trading in India. We plan to apply for depend pass through my company. But wondering about his options of working in Singapore.he plans to continue his trading in Indian market (as his clients are based there). Can he continue to work remotely without any legal issues? What steps will we need to make so that he can start trading in Singapore trading market also? We would like to ensure all legal steps and tax duties are fulfilled in India and Singapore. Thanks, kan

    • Paul Hype Page November 23, 2017 at 7:13 am - Reply

      Dear KayDee,

      Your husband can still work remotely for the India operation part. As for Singapore, he needs to set up a company and obtain a work pass under the company. With the company and the work pass, he will then need to go ahead to register as a securities trading company. Hope this helps.

      Best Regards,

      • KayDee November 23, 2017 at 11:39 am - Reply

        Thanks Paul, much appreciated for a quick revert. In terms of setting up a company and paperwork associated, do you provide any services? And what is the b st way to contact please? I assume once that is done he will need to different visa than a Dependent Pass?

        Also in terms of his remote working, assume any tax implications need to be fulfilled on the basis of Indian Tax structure? Are there any implications of Double tax at all until the time he sets up and starts his work in Singapore?

        Many thanks

  5. gina November 6, 2017 at 8:45 am - Reply

    I am Singapore PR, can I set up a company with another partner who is come from Malaysia?

    Hope to hear you soon.

    Thank you.

    • Paul Hype Page November 7, 2017 at 3:35 am - Reply

      Dear Gina,

      Yes, you can. Should you need further advise on incorporation and company setup in Singapore, do drop us an email at to set up an appointment. We have a branch office in Malaysia as well.

      Best Regards,

  6. Ali October 21, 2017 at 5:17 pm - Reply

    Hello sir,
    Good day.Hope you are fine.I’m Ali from Pakistan.
    Sir i have a question is it right singapore don’t give work permit for Pakistani People?
    If it is right then how you will provide me employment pass with my company registration.
    Hope you will answer soon.
    Best Regards,

  7. Ali October 2, 2017 at 8:04 am - Reply

    Hello sir,
    Good day.Hope you are fine.I’m Ali from Pakistan.
    Sir i want to tell you i have a company of medical instruments want to open my company in singapore.But i have no big company.So can you help me to register my company there.And can i also do there any job during company registration.
    And please tell me all expenses.
    And i’m also coming in singapore so can we meet in singapore.
    Hope you will answer soon.
    Best Regards,

    • Paul Hype Page October 3, 2017 at 9:53 am - Reply

      Dear Ali,

      Singapore is one of the best places for a startup company of any size. Our all-in-one Incorporation with Employment Pass would be the ideal solution to what you may be looking for. Do drop us an email at for more details and charges. We will be better able to advise you once we know more about your company.

      We look forward to meeting and working with you.

      Best Regards,

      • Ali October 3, 2017 at 10:19 am - Reply

        Thank you very much for your kind reply.
        And i have been sent you email.
        Please check and tell me.

  8. Iysha September 28, 2017 at 8:34 am - Reply

    Hi I’m having a garment showroom in India and I would like to start the same in Singapore. My friend is a DP holder in Singapore. What are the formalities to be followed for setting up a retail shop in Singapore?

    • elise September 29, 2017 at 9:26 am - Reply

      Hi Iysha,

      You can certainly set up your business in Singapore with our support, especially with our all-in-one Incorporation with Employment Pass package. Our helpful sales personnel will email you with the details.

      Best Regards,

  9. gerson August 28, 2017 at 7:27 am - Reply

    Dear paul,

    I am from Indonesia and i would start an IT company in SG. could you please give me the requirement for it?
    the minimum capital, the law, the taxes and also could you give me the cost for your service until my company can running.


    • Paul Hype Page August 29, 2017 at 9:44 am - Reply

      Dear Gerson,

      We recommend that you consider our all-in-one Incorporation with Employment Pass package to help you get started. We would love to hear more about your company so we can better advise you on what to do. Do drop us an email at for more details and charges.


  10. Shanil Muhammed August 15, 2017 at 3:09 pm - Reply

    Hi, i am shanil from india. I would like to start a corporate training center in Singapore. Currently we have offices in india and UAE. Is it possible to provide necessary informations? And I am a UAE Resident Visa (Invester Visa) Holder. I just need to set up 3 staffs working office (minimal requirements) and bank account and licenses. Expecting ur reply

    • elise August 23, 2017 at 7:24 am - Reply

      Dear Shanil,

      All we need is your passport and proof of address, fill up our incorporation form and we will be able to set up your company within 2 working days. We would suggest our all-in-one Incorporation with Employment Pass package. More details about your company would be helpful, as we would be better able to advise from there.

      Do drop us an email at and let’s talk more.


  11. Amit kumar July 29, 2017 at 5:00 am - Reply

    Hi , Paul ,
    I send mail to ur email I’d , kindly reply me asap, i given my contact number too,if possible then please contact me,I am waiting for reply with all details.thanks

  12. Abel Magayanes July 22, 2017 at 7:55 pm - Reply


    I would like to set up a small business in Singapore.Please advise me what is the minimum capital required and also procedures
    For the same. I am from Philippines.. Thanks

    • Paul Hype Page August 2, 2017 at 3:10 am - Reply

      Dear Abel,

      Thank you for getting in touch. You’ve made the right choice choosing Singapore as a business destination, we are one of the easiest countries in the world to do business. The minimum capital to start a company in Singapore would be SGD$1. To proceed to the next step, we would need more details regarding the nature of your business to offer more specific advise.

      Do drop us an email at . Have a great day ahead.

      Best Regards,

  13. Amit kumar July 18, 2017 at 4:15 am - Reply

    Hi,this is Amit from India,actually I want to start a fabrications company in Singapore,I want to get all details about this,including the business place ,bcuz of that m kming to Singapore ,n which Visa will work for that,?or wat is the condition to get PR,N HOW MANY DAYS WILL TAKE A TIME FOR PROCESSING? PLEASE GIVE ME ALL THE DETAILS,,

    • Paul Hype Page July 21, 2017 at 7:49 am - Reply

      Dear Amit,

      Our Incorporation with Employement Pass package is the best solution for entrepreneurs looking to open their first venture in Singapore. It will be recommended to apply for Employment pass first and operate your business in Singapore for a while before you apply for PR (PR process may take from 6 months to 2 years depending on individual criteria)

      Do drop us an email at if you need further assistance on securing Employment Passes. Have a great day ahead.


  14. Umar July 17, 2017 at 5:40 pm - Reply

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    I am from pakistan, I want to start computer or grosery shop in singapor. Please tell me how can i get visa and how much investment i needed for it ???and how much time process will take

    • Paul Hype Page July 21, 2017 at 7:47 am - Reply

      Dear Umar,

      Our Incorporation with Employment Pass all-in-one package is the answer to help you get started in Singapore. My colleague will drop you an email shortly with more details and charges. Hope to hear from you soon!


  15. isaac clement asmaoah July 15, 2017 at 3:42 pm - Reply

    l, will like to set up a small business in Singapore. i am from Ghana. i can travel to Singapore without attaining a visa but not work visa. can you please advice me as to how to get the work visa and incorporation. please tell me how much will i spend in getting all the documents done for me.
    Again, let me know what will be required. Thanks.

    • Paul Hype Page July 21, 2017 at 7:46 am - Reply

      Dear Isaac,

      Thank you for getting in touch. May we recommend our Incorporation with Employment Pass all in one package if you’re keen on opening a company?

      My colleague will drop you an email with more information on the details and charges shortly. We hope to hear from you soon!

      Best Regards,

  16. Alexander July 10, 2017 at 6:51 am - Reply

    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Currently I am a student in Singapore and I would like to open the company. Is it possible for in my situation?

    • Paul Hype Page July 11, 2017 at 1:09 am - Reply

      Dear Alexander,

      Perhaps you could tell us more about the kind of company you wish to setup? We would be able to advise you better once we have more details.

      Do drop us an email at for more details and charges. Hope to hear from you soon.


  17. Abdulla July 8, 2017 at 4:52 pm - Reply


    I would like to know the process and set up cost of a consultation company in singapore.

    Yours Sincerely,

    • Paul Hype Page July 11, 2017 at 1:09 am - Reply

      Dear Abdulla,

      We would like to have a consultation session with you to better discuss your options and how we can help you set up your company. May I recommend our Incorporation with Employment Pass solution? I believe that would be the best approach for your business needs. My colleague will email you shortly with more details.


  18. Ahmad seyar May 28, 2017 at 7:52 am - Reply

    Dear Sir/Madam

    Please provide me information regarding business of mechanical garage in singapore I like to open mechanical garage business in Singapore.

    Thank You,

    • Paul Hype Page May 30, 2017 at 1:52 am - Reply

      Dear Ahmad,

      We would recommend you consider our incorporation solution package that allows you to setup your own business and apply for employment pass. Do drop us an email at for more details and charges.

      Kind Regards,

  19. Birendra May 28, 2017 at 4:43 am - Reply

    Hi Paul,

    I am from India, and i would like to setup a Restaurant in Singapore. Initially i was working in a Singapore bank, but now because of the project completion and i have moved back to India. My EP stands expired as of now.
    Request you to please help me with the paperwork for restaurant business , and the investment required for this venture.
    Also what sort of VISA i need to apply for this ?


  20. Kristine Rayat May 21, 2017 at 3:18 pm - Reply

    Hi Paul

    I was wondering if you could help me with setting up a business in Singapore. I am planning to put up a fastfood chain franchise in Singapore. I would like to know the step by step process. I am a Filipino Citizen but I am a permanent resident of Australia. Also, I would like to know what type of visa should I be applying for and is it troublesome to apply for one? How long does it usually take to process all the required documents? Do I need to provide a bank statement when applying?
    Thanks so much


    • Paul Hype Page May 24, 2017 at 1:44 am - Reply

      Hi Kristine,

      You can consider our incorporation solution package which allows you to setup your own business and apply for an employment pass. Paul Hype Page & Co. has the expertise you need from years of helping foreign entrepreneurs start their own businesses.

      We would love to hear more about your company so we can better advise you on what to do. Do drop us an email at for more details and charges.


  21. Kevin May 19, 2017 at 6:22 am - Reply

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    I would like to register a company at Singapore for opening my online shop at Lazada. I don’t need the working visa. The only thing i need is the local bank account. Can you kindly advise what’s the basic requirements?

    Many thanks


    • Paul Hype Page May 24, 2017 at 1:50 am - Reply

      Dear Kevin,

      Opening a bank account in Singapore is a fairly straightforward process. At Paul Hype Page, we can assist you from incorporating a company to arranging the banker for you for the account opening. We would love to hear about your goals and needs for the account, do drop us an email at for further consultation and charges.


  22. jo March 17, 2017 at 12:28 pm - Reply

    My partner is currently holding a work permit and working in singapore.
    Can i apply EP for him and set up a new company (teaching music).

    • Paul Hype Page March 23, 2017 at 7:10 am - Reply

      Hi Yuki,

      If your partner met the criteria of EP, then yes you can consider setting up your own company and apply EP for him.

      We will be able to assist you from incorporation to employment pass application, pls drop us a note via contact us and my corporate specialist will send you the relevant details.


  23. Rica March 7, 2017 at 2:52 am - Reply

    hello sir,
    We are currently holding a business of a General merchandise business here in PH, existed almost 5 years, from our frequent visit to Singapore, my husband and I are interested in putting up small shop in Singapore and and try a living there because so far it is our well loved country and wished to be there in the future.Please send me anything that that I can send to process our inquiry and the steps in making this possible. All the best and thanks!


    • Paul Hype Page March 23, 2017 at 7:42 am - Reply

      Dear Rica,

      An incorporation of a Private Limited company in Singapore with Employment pass application will be suitable for you.

      Our Corporate Specialist will drop you an email with more details

  24. Cheena Kaushal February 28, 2017 at 2:49 pm - Reply

    Hello, I am from India. We have a garment manufacturing unit in India now we want to open a branch office and extend our business in Singapore. Could you please tell us the procedure and the minimum capital we require?

    • Paul Hype Page March 1, 2017 at 6:23 am - Reply

      Dear Cheena,

      We will need to understand more about your business operation so we can recommend the right business setup for your company. The most recommended business setup will be Private Limited where you will need as little as SGD2 as capital.


      • Cheena Kaushal March 8, 2017 at 11:31 am - Reply

        Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. Let me tell you more about our business. We have a garment company here in India, and we manufactures the ready made garments for domestic and export. Now we want to open a outlet or showroom in Singapore where we can sell our clothes. So could you please guide us regarding this. Thanks in advance.

        • Paul Hype Page March 23, 2017 at 7:36 am

          Dear Cheena,

          My corporate specialist will drop you an email and follow up with you from there. If you dont get any email, pls drop us a note on CONTACT US page.
          Thank you

        • Cheena Kaushal April 28, 2017 at 3:27 am

          Hello Paul

          I have not received any mail yet

  25. pon dhandapani,B.E., February 28, 2017 at 12:39 pm - Reply

    we have our own government certified organic estate in india (10 hectares) in hill station 4500ft.our farm produces are coffee,pepper,jack fruit,avacado ,turmeric.we want sell these produce in singapore.
    kindly guide us to venture our business,
    yours truly
    pon dhandapani

    • Paul Hype Page March 1, 2017 at 6:25 am - Reply

      Dear Pon,

      Apart from setting up your company, you may also need to find out more about the import business licenses you may need. Our corporate specialist will contact you with more details.


  26. hazi mukles February 26, 2017 at 8:51 am - Reply

    i am bangladeshi .i got one company in singapore.this is food income tax diclare 42000 sin.long time not stay in singapore.but business i want to stay singapore..plz advice me how to get ep..and how much cost.
    my company name puncak best noodles halal muslim food.far east plaza #05-9495

    • Paul Hype Page March 1, 2017 at 6:30 am - Reply

      Dear Hazi,

      Our EP application service is charged at SGD800. To find out more about your eligibility an EP pass, you can do an online SAT test – .
      My colleague will also drop you an email about the Criteria of Employment pass for your refers.

  27. jennette robles February 25, 2017 at 3:12 am - Reply

    Hi !

    We are currently holding a Pass Holder here in Singapore and wish to open a small Filipino Store Business ,
    Is there any qualification and what are the requirements that we need to fill up in, in order to open-u and operate.


    • Paul Hype Page March 1, 2017 at 6:40 am - Reply

      Dear Jennette,

      If you are an employment pass holder and wish to incorporate a Private Limited company in Singapore, we can assist you in the setting up and application process. All you need to do is to fill up our incorporation form with your ideal company name and our corporate specialist will be able to contact you with more information.


  28. masud Karim February 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm - Reply

    Hello sir, I’m a British citizen and want to setup a business in Singapore. mainly a trading business, take the order from my buyers in other Asian country (mostly garments machinery) and supply their machinerys and payment through proper banking channel. I want to setup in Singapore as income tax/ corporation tax is too high in UK. can you give some more details please? can I open business as a British citizen or I have to join with someone living in Singapore? do I need a visa for that? due to my business nature, I physically don#t need to stay in Singapore for long time, if needed I can go once in a month or when I got the order. please suggest.


    • Paul Hype Page February 13, 2017 at 7:56 am - Reply

      Dear Masud,

      Setting up a business in Singapore is easy and fast with the right structure. You can start by setting up your company (Pte Ltd) in Singapore.

      We will drop you an email with more information of our Incorporation with Nominee director solution for your refers.


  29. NK February 5, 2017 at 8:53 am - Reply


    I’m a well experienced engineering professional living outside Singapore. I’m looking forward to start proprietorship business in equipment and spare parts trading in Singapore, with least capital. Pls. guide on requirements, prior to entry to Singapore and as well, kindly advice me as to how to apply for an entry visa for self and family dependents (wife and children, aged below 21 yrs).

    Awaiting your reply.

    Thanks & regards,


    • Paul Hype Page February 13, 2017 at 7:59 am - Reply

      Dear NK,

      You can start by starting your company (Pte Ltd) in Singapore. Once you are able to obtain an Employment pass (with min salary above $5000 so you can apply for Dependent pass for your family), you can then apply DP for your family.

      We will drop you an email with more information of our Incorporation with Employment solution for your better understanding.


  30. akhil January 24, 2017 at 4:35 pm - Reply

    Sir, I would like to export banana and banana products like chips to singapore, please help me to know the requirements, expenses and so on.

    • Paul Hype Page February 13, 2017 at 8:02 am - Reply

      Dear Akhil,

      You can start by incorporating a company (Pte Ltd) in Singapore and then apply import permit for food product coming into Singapore. We will be able to assist you in the incorporation and work pass / or nominee director solution (if you are not relocating to Singapore). My colleague will drop you an email with more details and cost for your refers


  31. Madhan January 17, 2017 at 8:22 am - Reply

    Dear sir,
    I am from India. I got IE code and i am interested to start a business in singapore. we are the manufacturers of amla juice, health mix and food products. And also trader of agricultural products. can you pleas guide me the opportunities to start an business in singapore. And kindly tell me the cost of expenditure to start a business.

    Thank you

    • Paul Hype Page January 18, 2017 at 3:05 am - Reply

      Dear Madhan,

      Thank you for contacting us.

      In order to start business in Singapore as a foreigner, you will need to set up a private limited company, followed by applying for work permit (employment pass). The pricing for our services starts from $3,155, which is also presented on our website as well.

      To speak to our representative, please give us a call at 6221-4711 or simply drop us an email. We will send you an intro email for your information anyways. Have a great one!

      Best Regards,

  32. Adam January 7, 2017 at 1:19 am - Reply

    I am currently employed in Singapore on an EP, however I would like to start my own separate business designing, manufacturing and selling goods.
    Is it possible for me to set up a new business on my existing EP?

    • Paul Hype Page January 9, 2017 at 2:32 am - Reply

      Dear Adam,

      You would need to apply for a new EP after setting up your own company in Singapore. Please contact us at 6221-4711 if you would like to speak with our representative for more information.



  33. Sumar Sharif December 25, 2016 at 6:28 pm - Reply

    Hi sir/madam
    I am from Malaysia and just visited Singapore to look for business opportunities. I much interested to start 24 hours convenience shop in Singapore. What the possibility I can own business as a foreigner? Really need your advise.
    Thank you

    • Paul Hype Page January 4, 2017 at 4:09 am - Reply

      Dear Sumar,

      We have many Malaysia clients whom are successful entrepreneur in Singapore with employment pass. We will need more information about your business setup and your work experience in-order to assist you better.

      My colleague will drop you an email with more details on our services for incorporation and work visa.


  34. Anjali Gupta December 16, 2016 at 5:36 pm - Reply

    I want to start an import export trading company in Singapore. I am a citizen of India. I am in Singapore currently till Tuesday. I would be willing to come down and meet in person if I can get an appointment to understand the whole procedure and costs involved and everything. Thank you :)

    • Paul Hype Page December 22, 2016 at 9:24 am - Reply

      Dear Anjali,

      Thank you for contacting us.

      We understand that you would like to start an import and export trading company in Singapore. As you are a citizen of India, you would need to apply for an employment pass if you would like to relocate to Singapore. Our representative will be in touch with you shortly for more information. Look forward to discussing together from there.


  35. Lee wei yew December 13, 2016 at 3:15 am - Reply


    Would like to know that operate a ecom multi-retailer base in Singapore . Should I apply license to operate this website as a foreign . If need to apply what qualifications need and capital need to prepare.

    Wei Yew

    • Paul Hype Page December 22, 2016 at 9:26 am - Reply

      Dear Wei Yew,

      Thank you for contacting Paul Hype Page.

      First the company must be registered under ACRA in order to operate any business in Singapore and the website you’ve mentioned. A copy of your passport (or IC card if you are Singaporean) and proof of residential address will be needed to set up a company. There is no minimum paid up capital required to start.

      Please contact us for more information about incorporation. We will be happy to assist you.


  36. gowtham November 27, 2016 at 4:56 am - Reply

    hello sir
    I would like to start a cashew trading company in singapore. I need to know how to register the company and what are the documents need to submit ? registration fees amount ,in which visa i need to come if i will come for business registration

    • Paul Hype Page November 28, 2016 at 5:51 am - Reply

      Hi Gowtham,

      Thanks for your interest.

      In order to register a company in Singapore, you would be required to submit a copy of your passport and proof of residential address. You would need to apply for an employment pass which will authorize you to work and live legally in Singapore. Our pricing for incorporation and employment pass is $3,155. We will send you more information in detail to your email. From there, we can discuss further about the further process.



  37. MUHAMMAD SHAHID November 24, 2016 at 7:21 am - Reply

    Dear Sir !

    I like to setup a retail business in singapore can I get more details on the processes minimum requirements and cost of setting up a company in Singapore ? I also need more details on work passes ,setting up of bank accounts and registration of company .

    Thank you

    Best regards !

  38. Kumar November 23, 2016 at 2:43 pm - Reply

    Hi Paul,

    I am from India and working on EP since 2007 in a local bank (My employer will allow me to take week-end work mentioned below so far I get the content approved by them for Non-Disclosure related items). My PR got rejected already 3 times. Now, I want to do following as part-time over the week-end business, do I need to register a company or get another visa? How can you help me? What are your consulting charges?
    1. Become book Author and publish my books with US/local publisher
    2. Publish self-learning online trainings on learning portals like UDEMY
    3. Provide virtual class-room training over the week-end or after office hours
    4. Publish Mobile gaming paid apps (non gabling/casino) on Apple store
    5. Build self-running online portals related to IT tools (will be supported initially from India)


    • Paul Hype Page November 25, 2016 at 2:36 am - Reply

      Hi Kumar,

      Thanks for your inquires.

      As your current EP is strictly tied to one particular company only, it is not possible to obtain another working pass unless you resign from the bank you are working for now. However, it is still possible to set up a company under a nominee director and if you have any of your family members who can play a role of foreign director, this is also an option for your case.

      Our incorporation services charges start from $1,955 as you can see from our link below.

      Should you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.


  39. Ibrahim November 6, 2016 at 3:54 pm - Reply

    I need starting tailaring shop in singapor

    • Paul Hype Page November 7, 2016 at 3:21 am - Reply

      Hi Ibrahim,

      We can help you to start your own tailaring shop in Singapore. Our representative will be in touch with you shortly.

      Thank you,

  40. JM November 1, 2016 at 8:21 pm - Reply

    I am a DP holder working on LoC. I wish to start a consulting business. Can I do this along with my job by incorporating a company parallels?

    • Paul Hype Page November 3, 2016 at 9:44 am - Reply

      Hi JM,

      You will need to apply for another LoC to work for a new consulting company as a director. For more details, our representative will be in touch with you shortly.

      Best Regards,


  41. SMINTO SIMON October 20, 2016 at 11:12 am - Reply

    I like to open a company in Singapore, can u help me…and Wat is the procedures, pls reply..

    • Paul Hype Page October 31, 2016 at 7:45 am - Reply

      Hi Sminto,

      We can definitely help you setting up your own company in Singapore. We will drop you an email shortly.


  42. Shiva October 14, 2016 at 1:50 pm - Reply


    I am from,Ihave experience in online commodity trading,i wnat to do in Singapore market. Please provide the details.

    • Paul Hype Page November 7, 2016 at 4:05 am - Reply

      Hi Shiva,

      If you are looking into setting up a company in Singapore for online commodity trading industry, we can help you at a cost of $3,155. This includes our incorporation. employment pass, etc.

      For more information, please drop us an email with questions you may have.

      Thank you,

  43. Ismail J September 19, 2016 at 8:18 am - Reply

    Hello Paul, i am selling natural Malaysia honey. Want to get new market in Singapore. Can register as sole prop to bring in from Msia and sell?

    • Paul Hype Page September 21, 2016 at 1:31 am - Reply

      Dear Ismail,

      As a foreigner, you will need to appoint at least one locally resident representative. One of other options is that you can set up your own company and apply for employment pass.


  44. Sumit September 7, 2016 at 6:49 am - Reply

    Hi Paul,
    I have a Law degree from India and I wish to set up a Company in Singapore and operate a restaurant or take away food outlets there with my Indian partner and a local Singaporean director. What is the minimum capital requirement? Do my partner and me need a Entrepass to do business, it seems quite difficult to get because of the eligibility criteria? What other visa oprions are there? Please advise. Best regards Sumit.

    • Paul Hype Page September 15, 2016 at 3:53 am - Reply

      Dear Sumit,

      You may also look into Employment Pass. The eligibility for this pass is to have a bachelor’s degree with no minimum capital requirement. Our representative will be in touch with you for more information.


  45. Danish August 14, 2016 at 5:59 am - Reply

    Hi paul, i want to know the person should be educated for do any kind of business in singapore?

    Aur need only capital?


    • Paul Hype Page August 15, 2016 at 7:52 am - Reply

      Dear Danish,

      You would need at least a bachelor’s degree to apply for EP (employment pass) which will give rights to do business in Singapore.

      Otherwise, you can set up a business with local nominee director which we can provide. For details, our representative will contact you shortly.

      Thank you,

  46. Rakesh Kumar July 27, 2016 at 8:42 am - Reply


    Im from India. I worked in Singapore more than one year as an EP from October 2013 to Feb 2015.

    Now I want to start organic vegetable shop in Singapore. I would like to know the minimum required investment to start

    • Paul Hype Page August 1, 2016 at 3:20 am - Reply

      Dear Kumar,

      There are no requirements for minimum paid-up capital when incorporating a private limited.
      There are many advantages for a Pte Ltd company setup especially for foreign investors. Its protects your personal assets and also provides tax benefits by Singapore. Additionally, A Pte Ltd company also allows shareholders and foreign directors to apply for employment pass.