Alternatives for migration to Singapore
High value investment migration through GIP
Investment-Entrepreneurship migration through EntrePass (Investors)
Skilled-Entrepreneurship migration through EP
Global Investor Programme (GIP)
Employment Pass (EP)
|Enterprise Singapore and Ministry of Manpower
|Ministry of Manpower
|Who is it suitable for?
|Ultra-high net worth business owners and family offices
|Foreigners planning on investing in Singapore companies by setting up investment holding or single-family office
|Foreigners who are looking to run a business in Singapore
|Most straightforward category of established business owners:
- At least 3 years of entrepreneurial track record;
- Company with annual turnover of at least S$200 million.
- An investment track record
- At least 8 years’ experience in strategic managerial position that can help local innovative or tech startups.
- Managerial level experience with minimum salary of $4,500.
- Have tertiary, degree, professional qualifications.
|Recommended at S$1 million
|Capital required is 12 months of declared salary e.g. 12 months of $5,000 is $60,000
|2 years to PR:
- 1 year for GIP application
- 6 months to investment upon approval
- 3 to 12 months to formalise PR
|3 to 6 months for EntrePass application
|2 to 3 years to PR:
- 2 to 3 months for EP application
- 1 years of staying in Singapore
- 1 year for PR application
How Paul Hype Page sponsors your migration to Singapore
1. Presenting a portfolio of investment options
Under the GIP or EntrePass application, foreigners are required to invest a substantial amount into local businesses.
2. Setting up your investment vehicles
We have extensive experience in setting up investment holding companies, single family offices or a private limited company. These investment vehicles will be set up under the GIP, EntrePass or EP route to ensure successful migration to Singapore.
3. Assisting with application of programmes or visas
All 3 methods of migration to Singapore require extensive preparation in terms of business plans, forecasts, letters of intent and more. We have insight into what the authorities are looking for, common areas of concern being:
- Is the business plan innovative, feasible or scalable?
- Does the company have enough funds to support the foreign employee?
- Are there potential business prospects in Singapore?
Which method is suitable for me?
Global Investor Programme (GIP)
We recommend the GIP if you meet the criteria. GIP has the highest barrier to entry as the easiest category requirements are S$200 million annual turnover. If you can qualify, your chances of success are high, and the application will be straightforward.
You are an investor or someone with an existing business overseas. By investing in Singapore, you can hit two birds with one stone.
- Benefit from the investment framework we have (tax regime, incentives etc)
The EntrePass holder in Singapore typically sets up a family office or venture capital as investment holding vehicles. Your business activity will be investment related instead of professional services, trading and so on.
To fulfill EntrePass criterion, your portfolio would focus on tech with flexibility to include other investment types.
If your goal is to apply for PR, an EntrePass is more advantageous compared to an Employment Pass.
EntrePass has specific renewal requirements like direct contribution to local companies and hiring of local employees unlike Employment Pass. For Employment Pass, the renewal is subjective between the relationship of the applicant and host company only at this point.
Employment Pass (EP)
- You intend on finding a job in Singapore
- You have an existing overseas business to expand into Singapore
- You can start and run a new business in Singapore
An EP is ideal for business owners who will relocate and live in Singapore to run their businesses. Your physical presence in Singapore will contribute to your PR application.
Moving on from PR to Singapore Citizen
After 2 years of being a Singapore PR, you can apply for your Singapore citizenship with the Immigration Checkpoints Authority (ICA). ICA takes into account these factors to assess the applicant:
- Individual’s family ties to Singaporeans
- Economic contributions
- Family profile
- Length of residency
Under the Enlistment Act, all male Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents, unless exempted, are required to serve National Service (NS).
All males are required to serve up to 40 days of Operationally Ready National Service (ORNS) per year. This will continue until they are 50 years old for officers or 40 years old for the other ranks.
Singapore citizenship applications usually take six to 12 months to process.
There are a great many things to think about and do before migrating to Singapore. From vaccinations to work permits to housing and many other issues. Migration to Singapore, as is the case with any other country, is not a matter to be taken lightly.
However, for those considering relocating for employment opportunities, it’s worth noting that setting up a company in Singapore can also be a pathway to migration. By registering a company and obtaining an Employment Pass, individuals can not only establish their business but also secure their residency status, providing a viable option for those seeking to make Singapore their new home.