Here’s what you need


Foreigners who plan to work in Singapore must submit a work visa application to the government of Singapore. Among the work visas which exist in Singapore are the S Pass, Employment Pass (EP), Dependent Pass (DP), Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) and Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass); each has different criteria and characteristics.

Employment Pass in Singapore

What is an Employment Pass (EP)?

The Employment Pass is designed for managers, executives and skilled professionals for foreigner to work in Singapore.

What is a Dependent Pass (DP)?

A Dependent Pass (DP) allows Employment Pass or S Pass holders to bring certain family members to Singapore. DP holders can’t apply a Letter of Consent (LOC) to work in Singapore. if you want to work in Singapore, you need to apply for Employment Pass, S Pass or work Permit.

Dependent Pass in Singapore
Long Term Visit Pass in Singapore

What is Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP)?

The Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is for a common law spouse, Unmarried daughters above 21 years of age, parents / parents-in-law, step-child or handicapped child of an Employment Pass or S Pass holder.

What is Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass)?

The EntrePass allows eligible foreign entrepreneurs to start and operate a business in Singapore that is venture-backed or possesses innovative technologies.

EntrePass in Singapore
TechPass in Singapore

What is a Tech Pass?

Tech. Pass is a visa that allows established tech entrepreneurs, leaders or technical experts from around the world to come to Singapore to perform frontier and disruptive innovations. Individuals can apply for the pass directly.

What is a Letter of Consent (LOC)?

A Letter of Consent (LOC) is only available for ICA-issued LTVP/LTVP+ holders. You can apply for a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if you are an LTVP or LTVP+ holder who is the spouse or unmarried child of a Singaporean or PR.

LOC in Singapore
Singapore PR in Singapore

What is a Permanent Resident?

If you are a current work pass holder (Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass, EntrePass or S Pass), and have worked in Singapore for at least six months, you’ll be eligible to apply for Singapore PR (permanent resident) status.